Roles and Responsibilities
Plastic pollution is a growing environmental concern, and one that is rapidly turning into a crisis. The Indian plastics industry’s growth rate is one of the highest in the world and, due to rapidly expanding incomes, the per capita consumption of plastics is also likely to increase. It is an urgent matter of concern to countries, and crucial to take stock of the situation, develop and implement measures to improve and optimise consumption patterns to reduce wastage, increase recycling through expansion of infrastructure and invent sustainable alternate materials that can seamlessly replace plastics in the near future.
WWF-India is looking for an organized, service-oriented, self-motivated, team player to contribute promoting sustainability with Indian businesses, with a focus on ensuring circular economy by managing the flow of plastics across the entire value chain and eliminating the leakage of plastics into the environment. The candidate should have a strong knowledge and understanding of plastics/waste management and circular economy.
Location: New Delhi
Project management support and implementation of WWF India’s work on engaging with stakeholders to effectively manage plastics production and consumption and promote circularity in economy. Responsibilities will include supporting in strategy development, and execution of projects, project administration, research and analysis, outreach and corporate engagement. The SPO, will be responsible for coordinating multi stakeholder partnerships and engaging corporates to ensure the effective implementation of the program and achieving the objectives of the work stream.
Project implementation: Responsible for managing the planning and implementation of the project, including effective delivery and execution of the project as per timelines, reporting and project documentation, identification and leveraging opportunities.
- Stakeholder engagement: corporate outreach and maintaining relationships with existing program stakeholders and leading outreach to drive the adoption of sustainable business practices of managing plastics in the industry by convening key stakeholders
- Provide inputs on plastics target setting and support in developing circularity plans.
- Events and communication: Supporting the planning, organization and coordination of meetings, events and workshops as required. The SPO will participate in dialogues, events, monthly calls on corporate engagement for Un-plastic Collective and other plastic related projects.
- Monitoring & evaluation: Leading the monitoring and evaluation of project activities for impact assessment, submitting progress reports to the donor as per their timeline
- Documentation: develop high quality documentation both technical/non-technical based on
- primary and secondary research, slide decks, progress reports, research findings, surveys etc.
- Support in other sustainable business deliverables
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- Minimum Masters-level qualifications in environment, chemical/systems engineering, materials science or related discipline;
- Prior experience of 3-5 years working in the sustainability/corporate sector, work specifically related to plastics across the value chain, circular economy, waste management, supply chain management or closely related field would be an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to engage with businesses on sustainability agenda;
- Strong understanding of the plastics production, use and recovery ecosystem, including environmental impacts of plastics, technical understanding of the material flow in the domestic value chain, existing regulatory frameworks and initiatives undertaken by corporate companies working in this space;
- Ability to synthesize complex information, regulations and policies and translate into impactful advice, research, and communications;
- Ability to produce relevant and timely desk research independently (both qualitative and quantitative);
- Willingness to travel to attend meetings with key corporate partners in and outside India;
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:Any Graduate in Any Specialization
PG:M.Tech in Any Specialization, Plastics, Environmental,MS/M.Sc(Science) in Any Specialization, Chemical Engineering & Materials Science, Environmental science, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Systems Architecting and Engineering
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
World Wide Fund For Nature India