Roles and Responsibilities
WWF-India’s sustainable business programme is aimed at working with business and industry in improving environmental and social outcomes. These engagements help corporates (1) understand the impact of their business/financing and supply chains on critical natural habitats, such as deforestation, extractives, fossil fuel emissions, and (2) find solutions that mitigate business risks and enhance business opportunities that promote positive conservation outcomes, such as sustainable finance, water stewardship, climate innovation, renewable energy, plastics management.
WWF-India is looking for a dynamic and self-motivated individual with inherent sensitivity towards conservation of nature, to lead our work on promoting sustainable practices with the Business and Industry sector to promoting sustainable supply chains, promoting sustainable consumption and production.
The incumbent shall be responsible for management and execution of priority projects within the sustainable business programme, including technical inputs, corporate & government engagement, network coordination, knowledge management and fundraising. Supporting the Director in strategic planning and decision making, forecasting and representation in events and conferences.
The individual would also be responsible for operational support to the team, including team building, recruitment, admin/financial management, representation of the team within WWF India.
Location: New Delhi
- Project oversight and management guidance across the portfolio of projects within The Sustainable Business Programme.
- Responsible for managing the planning and implementation of priority/ flagship projects, including effective delivery and execution of the project as per timelines, reporting and project documentation, identification and leveraging opportunities.
- Stakeholder management: corporate outreach and maintaining relationships with existing program stakeholders and leading outreach to drive the adoption of sustainable business practices
- Lead and provide oversight on sustainable supply chain, linked to sustainable consumption and production, including promoting relevant standards linked to forest and food commodities
- Engage with key stakeholders across the commodity value chain including investors & policy makers to facilitate sectoral transformation
- Establish relationships & partnerships with key organisations working in this space to synergize efforts and achieve impact at scale
- Act as the focal person to coordinate with the WWF international network on all aspects of our soft commodities related work
- Strategic planning and visioning
- Identify suitable fundraising opportunities to expand WWF-India’s work on soft commodities in accordance with our engagement guidelines
- Manage direct reportees to develop and implement project deliverables
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- An advanced degree in Environmental Studies/ Natural Sciences/ Business.
- 8 – 12 years work experience in a related field;
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence key stakeholders on the sustainability agenda, especially as it relates to the business world
- Broad understanding of sustainable supply chains, linked to sustainable consumption and production, linked to forest and food commodities
- Exceptional research and analytical skills;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills;
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, and manage multiple tasks;
- Willingness to travel to attend meetings with key corporate partners in and outside India.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:Purchase / Logistics / Supply Chain
Role Category:Senior Management
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:Any Graduate in Any Specialization
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) in Any Specialization, Environmental science
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
World Wide Fund For Nature India